Iligan City

Lanao del Norte



Data Format

Projection Information

Data Source


Administrative Boundary

Administrative boundary of the city or capital including barangays

ESRI Shapefile (.shp)

WGS 1984, Lat/Long


0.9 (2008?)

Iligan City is limited on the north by the 3 districts of Misamis Oriental (in particular Lugait, Manticao and Opol), toward the south by the 3 regions of Lanao del Norte (Baloi, Linamon and Tagoloan) and the 2 regions of Lanao del Sur (Kapai and Tagoloan II), toward the north-east by Cagayan de Oro City, toward the east by the region of Talakag, Bukidnon; and toward the west by Iligan Bay. Iligan is known as the Industrial Center of the South and its economy is to a great extent in view of overwhelming businesses. It produces hydroelectric force for the Mindanao locale through the National Power Corporation (NAPOCOR), the site of the Mindanao Regional Center (MRC) lodging Agus IV, VI and VII hydroelectric plants. It additionally houses enterprises like steel, tinplate, bond and flour factories. After the development of Maria Cristina (Agus VI) Hydroelectric Plant by National Power Corporation (NPC, NAPOCOR) in 1950, the city experienced fast industrialization and proceeded until the late 1980s. The biggest steel plant in the nation, National Steel Corporation (NSC), was additionally settled in 1962. Amid the 1997 Asian Financial Crisis, the city experienced serious monetary stoppage. Various modern plants were shut, remarkably the National Steel Corporation. The city made its monetary recovery with the reviving of the National Steel Corporation, renamed Global Steelworks Infrastructures, Inc. (GSII) in 2004. On October 2005, GSII authoritatively took another corporate name: Global Steel Philippines (SPV-AMC), Inc.